A bartender training game.
Customers place orders for drinks.
Tilt phone to pour the drink and mix the correct ratios.
(January 2015 - April 2015)
Designer / Producer
Mixology Master is a mobile game designed to help people learn and practice mixed-drink recipes. The game features a practice mode for learning specific drinks as well as a career mode in which players serve customers and try to earn tips to improve their bar. Both modes use a unique tilt-to-pour mechanic where the player tilts the phone to pour beverages. The game also contains an in-game recipe book that can be referenced from practice mode.
I conceptualized Mixology Master for a class at FIEA because I thought it would be cool to gamify training in the restaurant business. Working for a restaurant in the past, I remember the training videos to be uninteresting and tedious. This project was an attempt to give bartenders and restaurant employees a new and interesting way to learn recipes and practice their skills.
What I did:
- Conceptualized and designed a tilt-to-pour drink mixer mechanic for mobile devices and worked with an engineer for implementation
- Managed art assets, styled menu layouts, and developed the user experience
- Worked with an artist to help create interface buttons and iconography using Adobe Photoshop
- Researched and documented optimal drink recipes utilizing a variety of ingredients
- Helped manage team and headed status update presentations